keep your eyes open, you may just miss it
this past Saturday we went for the beau's and his brother's birthday lunch at Whisk Gourmet (yes they share the same birthday). If you haven't heard of Whisk Gourmet, it is a cozy little restaurant that makes you feel as if you were else where. Has a southern warmth to it and the people and atmosphere is very welcoming, a South Miami gem. I had not heard of it until my sister-in-law mentioned it to me and I was in, I am a sucker for new restaurant adventures. It is hidden within the lush vegetation of South Miami, so keep your eyes open or you may just miss it. We had a wonderful time there and I can't wait to go back for more.
I love details and this churn is just adorable
I don't know why I love mason jars so much, but I do
their soda brand of choice - Dr. Brown's
by the bar and far end is the kitchen
Fried Green Tomatoes
House Organic Chickpea Hummus
Cumin Dusted Grilled Chicken Breast
Special of the day - Corn Meal Fried Snapper Po'Boy
Quack Quack - Moo Moo
Toffee Bread Pudding
- Atmosphere is low-key, locals favorite.
- Homestyle cooking with fresh local ingredients that make the experience extra special.
- Makes you feel as if you were else where, far far away from Miami.
- The fried green tomatoes were crispy and savory, not too fancy just good ol'fashion.
- Hummus was just how I like it, fresh and with a homemade taste and the bread was so good.
- We ordered plain un-toasted bread for my niece and we took a piece of it, so soft it melted in your mouth.
- Cumin Chicken breast I heard was very good, not overcooked just right, full of flavor, plus it gave me the impression of an island plate.
- Now my Po'Boy was divine, you see ever since I went to New Orleans a couple years back with the honey and tried a Po'Boy I instantly was in love and I could have had 20 if my stomach could take it. So when ever I see a Po'Boy on a menu I gravitate to it. This was no let down, it was crispy just the right amount, it came with a side salad that had one of the best vinaigrette dressings I have had.
- But the best part of the lunch (but what is new with me, this is always the best part of any meal for me) was the dessert, we decided to go with the Toffee Bread Pudding and we are so happy we ordered two because it is small. The best bread budding I have had hands down, no questions asked. PLEASE do yourselves a favor if you go and you see the Toffee Bread Pudding on the menu you cannot leave without having it, order 4 or 5 if you want.
- Overall, with their fresh ingredients that are hard to miss and their home/cozy feel makes for the best place to unwind.
Been there already? share your experience with me. Plan to go? let me know how it goes.